As a small not-for-profit charity, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescue (Qld) Inc. relies on the selfless contributions of volunteers. We often find that we are calling on the same core group of volunteers time and again, so we are always grateful to accept new volunteers who feel they would like to contribute their time and skills to the association.
We are urgently seeking volunteer assistance with:
- Fundraising Committee Coordinator (Volunteer role) - This person will be responsible for working with a committee to plan our fundraising events each year. It is an important position within the association as we cannot operate without sufficient funds.
- Fundraising Committee Members (Volunteer roles) - These people will be required to help the coordinator to plan and run events to raise money for our veterinary fees and other expenses related to the dogs we have in our care.
We are also currently seeking expressions of interest for the following positions:
- Rehoming Coordinators - Our current Rehoming Coordinators respectively oversee vast areas that are physically difficult to cover. To help share the workload and enable us to assist Cavalier owners in a greater capacity, we are seeking volunteers who can help with collecting and transporting surrendered dogs to our foster carers and/or vets. The positions will involve local travel and some paperwork so you will need access to a car, computer, scanner and email. You will need to have a current Driver's License. We are particularly interested in volunteers who reside in or near the areas of Brisbane and west to the Queensland border.
- Membership Officer - this would be a new position for someone to handle the membership register and registering/gaining approval for new members from the Management Committee. This position is available immediately.
- President. Please contact us if you are interested in applying to become the President of the association and we can provide you with further information on the role.
- Treasurer - ideally, the Treasurer’s position would be suited to someone with some experience in bookkeeping/accountancy, however anyone else who is interested would receive training in the program being used. Please contact us if you are interested in applying to become the Treasurer of the association and we can provide you with further information on the role.
- Secretary. Please contact us if you are interested in applying to become the Secretary of the association and we can provide you with further information on the role.